- Design and Packaging – designs for a boring product that deserves quirky illustrations.
Strawberry Jam Jar:
- I enjoyed making this inanimate fruit come alive and make a character out of it.
- I think the colour combination and contrast is effective, making it bright.
- Childlike animation
- I believe by using this quirky illustration the jar seems more friendly and stands out.
- I decided to add a dark outline to the strawberry as it makes it more bold.
2. Advertising: Decorative merchandising: H&M ad campaign for the glass panels on the shop front advertising latest spring/summer
- I enjoyed creating the design for these panels because it was an abstract task.
- I decided to draw mandala like patterns up the side of the glass as the intricate designs contrast very effectively with the bold standard and simple H&M font.
- I picked two very different neon toned colours as I thought these were bright enough to represent and draw people in for their new spring and summer collection.
3. Editorial: Magazine Illustration, find an article in Varoom to reimagine, you must use a visual metaphor.
Article: Wellbeing Approaches –
- I wanted to make this design very minimal and sketchy as that is not something I normally do.
- The metaphor of wellbeing is illustrated using the fruit and the whole design is supposed to show that we a filled up with healthy food now similar to a wellbeing.
- I didn’t particularly enjoy doing this mini brief as I don’t really enjoy editorial but it is still interesting.